Remote from anywhere in the USA / work from home; Full-time position; US Applicants Only; Small company headquartered in Indiana
About the Job
Are you a certified Google Ads writer looking for a more meaningful career with flexible hours and fully remote work? How about a career that helps non-profits grow and do good work around the country and the world?
Bashpole Software, Inc. seeks hands-on ad-writers as account managers to onboard new customers, set up their accounts, write ad campaigns, improve ads over time, prepare reports, hold monthly meetings to speak with clients, hold occasional meetings to renew existing clients’ contracts, provide customer support, and manage interns that participate in our marketing services and company activities. We seek high attention to detail and eagerness to learn new things, especially our proprietary system for how to write ads and manage clients.
Bashpole is building unique and advantageous processes for enabling humans to collaborate with algorithms in order to benefit a wide variety of great nonprofit causes. This first-of-its-kind software, called PromoterMotor.com, will assist you in ad writing and maintenance tasks — your job will include using it and improving its data. Your responsibilities will grow in importance as the software relieves mundane tasks, leaving you to focus on the strategic and creative thinking that only humans can do. Your work will help to make sure the software is operating correctly, and you’ll make suggestions about how we can improve the software’s design.
By analogy, think about the roles rhyme and rhythm can play in poetry: if you’re both nuanced with language and enjoy the way that structure can help creativity flourish, then this position might be excellent for you. As such, this position will involve working with spreadsheets for ad templates, account data, reports, case studies, progress tracking, and more. You will also use a wide variety of Google products, including but limited to Google Ads, Tag Manager, Analytics, Marketing Platform, Sheets, Docs, Drive, and Meet.
Our customers are non-profits who are raising awareness about their causes by generating event sign-ups, asking for donations, inviting people to join newsletters, promoting events, recruiting volunteers, promoting fundraisers, and more. Our clients depend on us to report their results by way of thorough conversion tracking. You will learn, utilize, and contribute to our system for interpreting conversion values as Return On Investment and Mission Impact. We’re committed to enabling our employees to enhance their own productivity, so each person both uses and makes improvements to the various scripts, templates, and training we’ve developed for most aspects of our work. Your responsibilities will grow and change with the needs of the company; this will be a position with a wide range of activities.
Regarding the work culture: we are a small yet quickly growing company (fewer than 10 employees) who work remotely and stay connected with scheduled online meetings. For example, we have an Employees Meeting once a week, guide interns in a weekly meeting, meet with each client once a month, and collaborate between internal departments as needed. Our team is diverse in every sense, and we encourage getting to know one another. There are no travel requirements, though in the future, we’ll offer travel options. Payroll is run monthly. As a company, we are both expanding and deepening our services. There will be opportunities for career growth, change, and/or specialization as we expand our staff. We can offer raises as we gain clients, and recently, we have been gaining clients at an accelerating pace. We offer Paid Time Off (PTO) that does not require medical reasons, and we allow flex-time between adjacent weeks. We thrive on feedback and always take suggestions seriously. We are proud to be continuously improving.
- See our Careers Page regarding ‘why us’, inspiration, and equality
- Telecommuting and flextime
- Encouraging and self-directed work environment
- Ability to go to sleep each night knowing you make the world a better place
- Experience with creative writing for Google Ads on behalf of mission and purpose-driven organizations
- Knowledge of SEM in general and how to optimize campaigns settings, keyword strategies, etc. to maximize conversions
- Proven success with utilizing ads for fundraising, event promotions, or other campaign types that nonprofits commonly seek
- Understanding of ROI and how to estimate it
- Have a home office environment conducive to productivity and experience working in a virtual office, including but not limited to a reliable high-speed Internet connection, a headset for conference calls, and a decent computer
- Ability and unwavering willingness to serve all constituencies without bias (including, without limitation, bias based on race, religion, sexual orientation, handicap, or national origin)
- Experience with Google Tag Manager, Google Marketing Platform, and Google Analytics
- Experience writing and managing ads for the Google Ad Grants program
- Background in sales or customer support
Write to email@example.com with your resume and short descriptions of your qualifications for each bullet under the Requirements and Preferred sections. We look forward to reviewing your application!