Proposal Writing Collaborator
This is a Full-time or Part-time Remote / Work from Home Position.
Applicants within a 1-hour travel radius of Washington, D.C. are preferred but not required.
Initially, compensation will be made on a success basis through line-item inclusions.
Be responsible for all phases of winning contracts and grants, from identifying them, to building relationships, to proposal writing, to guiding our team on how to submit reports properly. Typically, our internal team will provide technical expertise and our partners will provide subject matter expertise. Your job will be to pull them together to write compelling proposals for a variety of opportunities. You will also be responsible for certain contract and grant administration tasks.
- Experience working with the DoD, the “ARPA”s, Homeland Security, the DOJ, or the FBI
- Experience managing contract and proposal pipelines
- Experience finding and managing partners for proposals
- Knowledge of Program of Records
- Applied R&D proposal writing, such as through SBIR’s
- Extensive contacts regarding one or more of these topics: civil rights, human trafficking, justice, law enforcement, military, and intelligence technology
- Serve all constituencies without bias, including, without limitation, bias based on race, religion, sexual orientation, handicap, or national origin
- Located in the Washington, DC area and able to meet in-person with program managers
- 3+ Years Experience Securing Federal Government Contract Proposals
- 3+ Years Experience Securing Federal Government Grant Proposals
- 3+ Years Experience Securing Private Foundation Grant Proposals
- Ability to satisfy government reporting requirements
- Technical proposal writing experience, especially regarding the development of new software and the licensing of existing software
- Curiosity and a sense of humor; ability to withstand occasional puns and obscure movie references
- Company Culture & Benefits
- Telecommuting and flextime options
- Encouraging and self-directed work environment
- Support for medical coverage
- Optional 401(k) participation
- Ability to go to sleep each night knowing you make the world a better place
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and short descriptions of your qualifications for each bullet under the Requirements section. Resumes sent without this information will not be considered.